Free Cheap Car Insurance Quotes Comparison
Compare quotes from the top car insurance companies and save
Compare Cheap Car Insurance Quotes
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Drivers can save $859/yr* by comparing car insurance
*based on a survey of 1,000 car insurance customers
Cheap Car Insurance Quotes
Car insurance is a critical asset in today’s world, but it doesn’t mean you have to overpay for coverage. One of the best ways to find cheap car insurance quotes is simply by starting your car insurance quotes comparison search online.
A vast number of car insurance companies offer coverage and advertise low rates but sometimes you need help navigating the marketplace to find the best car insurance rates, and we can help.
All states have some form of mandatory minimum car insurance requirements but many times these limits are far lower than what you really need.
It’s important to learn about the types of coverage, policy deductibles, policy limits, and car insurance discounts available. Ready to learn more — check out our guide to cheap car insurance here.
Who has the cheapest car insurance rates?
This will ultimately depend on your unique profile as every application for car insurance is different and car insurance companies determine risk using internal formulas which vary from one provider to another.
Just take a look at average annual rates for these major insurers by coverage level.
|Company||Average Annual Rates for High Level Coverage||Average Annual Rates for Medium Level Coverage||Average Annual Rates for Low Level Coverage|
What we can say is that the only way to know if you are getting the best rates is to compare. Otherwise, how would you know if the first quote was the best?
Why compare car insurance quotes online?
Anytime you decide to purchase an item it is critical to compare potential providers and car insurance is no different. In fact, it’s almost crucial you do some kind of car insurance comparison search before choosing an insurance provider since so many details can change from one policy offering to the next.
How would you feel if in the event of an accident your car insurance policy did not provide enough coverage? Choosing a policy simply because the premiums are cheap could result in unnecessary financial risk.
We’re sure you’ve heard horror stories of claims being denied or just getting a bad customer service rep on the phone. Before making a decision, make sure you check the ratings for different insurers.
Places like AM Best rate the financial strength of a company, and looking at the size and loss ratios of a company can help you get a better idea of their financial strength and ability to pay out your claim.
|Car Insurance Company||A.M. Best Ratings||Direct Premiums Written (in Billions)||Market Shares (in Percent)||Loss Ratios (in Percent)|
|Allstate||A+ (Superior)||$22.7 (↑)||9.19 (↓)||56 (↓)|
|American Family||A (Excellent)||$4.7 (↑)||1.9 (↑)||69 (~)|
|Farmers||A (Excellent)||$10.5 (↑)||4.26 (↓)||61 (~)|
|Geico||A++ (Superior)||$33.1 (↑)||13.41 (↑)||71 (~)|
|Liberty Mutual||A (Excellent)||$11.8 (↑)||4.77 (↓)||62 (~)|
|Nationwide||A+ (Superior)||$6.7 (↓)||2.73 (↓)||58 (↓)|
|Progressive||A+ (Superior)||$27.1 (↑)||10.97 (↑)||62 (~)|
|State Farm||A++ (Superior)||$41.9 (↑)||17.01 (↓)||63 (↓)|
|Travelers||A++ (Superior)||$4.7 (↑)||1.9 (↑)||60 (~)|
|USAA (Military & Family Members)||A++ (Superior)||$14.5 (↑)||5.87 (↑)||77 (~)|
Then you can take a look at ratings from JD Power to see how they do on customer satisfaction. JD Power is a big deal in the insurance industry, and insurers tend to brag if they win one of these awards, so it’s not hard to find.
But that doesn’t mean you want to pay more than you should! That’s why it’s so important to compare rates. You want to have enough coverage while not paying an arm and a leg for it.
Each insurer has a unique formula for determining rates for you as a driver. It really is amazing how much one person’s rates can change with the same driver profile. Some things that can and do affect your car insurance rates include:
- Your age
- Gender (though some states have laws against insurers using this)
- Driving record for high-risk drivers
- Credit history
- Type and age of your vehicle
- Where you live
- How much you drive
You can see an example of this below which compares rates by demographic and company.
|Company||Average Annual Rates for a Single 17-Year-Old Female||Average Annual Rates for a Single 17-Year-Old Male||Average Annual Rates for a Single 25-Year-Old Female||Average Annual Rates for a Single 25-Year-Old Male||Average Annual Rates for a Married 35-Year-Old Female||Average Annual Rates for a Married 35-Year-Old Male||Average Annual Rates for a Married 60-Year-Old Female||Average Annual Rates for a Married 60-Year-Old Male|
If you’re a 17-year-old male driver, you could pay more than double with Liberty Mutual than with Geico, just to give an example. You can save a lot of money even with top-rated insurers just by comparing quotes.
Starting your car insurance quotes comparison online allows you access to a wealth of information which you can use to help find the best coverage without being pressured by an insurance agent or broker.
Take your time and browse through our site. You can compare car insurance companies, read answers to common questions, and even compare your policy options side-by-side.
Then when you’re ready to look for car insurance coverage simply enter your ZIP code to get connected with car insurance providers nationwide.
- Recent Articles
- Can I have two car insurance policies in my name?
- How cheap is car insurance for a Porsche Cayenne?
- How cheap is car insurance for the Toyota RAV4?
- Mountain Laurel Assurance Car Insurance Review
- Car Insurance for International Students in the USA
- Can I find car insurance quotes by VIN check? [Tips + Tricks]
- Can you fake having car insurance?
- What does Mercedes-Benz C-Class car insurance cost?
- 12-Month Car Insurance Policies: Which Car Insurance Companies Offer 12-Month Auto Insurance Quotes?
- What You Should Expect to Pay for Ferrari Car Insurance
- Test Post for Jira 5193
- Main Difference Between Commercial and Private Car Insurance
- If you sell your car, is your insurance still valid?
- How much is car insurance for a Mazda RX-8?
- How to Move a Car Without Insurance
- How much is car insurance for a Kia Sorento?
- How cheap is car insurance for a Kia Optima?
- How cheap is car insurance for a Lexus RX 350?
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance Rates
- Who plays the voice of the GEICO Gecko?
- Can your car get towed for no insurance?
- Chevrolet Tahoe Car Insurance Rates
- How cheap is car insurance for a Dodge Caliber?
- What is supplemental car insurance?
- What is the Allstate Good Student Discount?
- How cheap is car insurance for a Ford Fiesta?
- Will car insurance cover a blown motor?
- Can you park your car on the street without insurance?
- One-day Car Insurance Coverage: What To Know
- Tennessee Farm Bureau Car Insurance Review
- Can't-Miss Reno Car Insurance Guide [Comprehensive]
- How much is car insurance for the Hyundai Genesis?
- Car Insurance Questions
- How cheap is car insurance for a Honda Insight?
- Cheap Honda Element Car Insurance Rates
- Nationwide Car Insurance Reviews
- Allstate vs State Farm Comparison
- Who has Cheap Online Car Insurance?
- American Family Car Insurance Reviews
- Top 60 Car Insurance Companies You Need to Know
- 3 Best Places to Look for Low Down Payment Car Insurance
- Cheap Car Insurance for High-Risk Drivers
- Pennsylvania Car Insurance
- Can you get teen affordable car insurance anywhere?
- Car Insurance by State (Links for State Insurance Laws)
- Farmers Car Insurance Reviews
- Progressive Car Insurance Review
- Indiana DUI Laws
- How much is Domino's Pizza car insurance?
- Car Insurance Household Drive Report: What is it?